Definición de stead en inglés:
The place or role that someone or something should have or fill (used in referring to a substitute): you wish to have him superseded and to be appointed in his stead
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Managing to gain King Peter's favor, she has acted in his stead during his illness.
- He quoted the Local Autonomy Act, saying that a mayor has to issue an order appointing a deputy mayor to act in his stead.
- They had ceased to patronise the nautch, and in its stead preferred English music or military bands.
stand someone in good stead
- Be advantageous or useful to someone in the future: his early training stood him in good steadMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Zaharia expects the experience gained in this election will stand her in good stead in the future, which, she suggests, could include another campaign.
- But the ability to address a large number of people, from ministers in Parliament to troops on the battlefield, stood Elizabeth in good stead for the future.
- For Guinness, it was ‘a psychological bulwark against the uncertainties of war and fear of the future and it stood me in good stead.’
Definición de stead en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan