Definición de steamer en inglés:
1A ship, boat, or locomotive powered by steam.
- There were fast new attack transports, slow rust-scarred freighters, small ocean liners, Channel steamers, hospital ships, weather-beaten tankers, coaster and swarms of fussing tugs.
- In 1909, another leg was added to the jetty, to facilitate a railway line for the loading of timber onto steamers and tall sailing ships.
- When sailing ships were replaced by steamers and liners, the heavy ropes were no longer in high demand.
2A type of saucepan in which food can be steamed.
- Perhaps in preparation for a forced career change, Hayden brought with him a camping stove, frying pan, wok, bamboo steamer and food processor.
- Place the ramekins in the prepared steamer and cook until set, about 20 minutes.
- The dim sum was contained in small bamboo food steamers, tiny but delightful, so that you could order varied dishes.
4 informal A wetsuit.
- But next time I will bring a thicker wetsuit; a 5mm steamer would be about right for the deeper dives.
- At a distance they look kind of like wetsuits, steamers, but what do they look and feel like up close?
- Again varies, ranging from requiring a full UK suit in winter to a 5mm steamer or even a shortie wetsuit in summer.
Definición de steamer en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan