- 1A ship, boat, or locomotive powered by steam.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There were fast new attack transports, slow rust-scarred freighters, small ocean liners, Channel steamers, hospital ships, weather-beaten tankers, coaster and swarms of fussing tugs.
- In 1909, another leg was added to the jetty, to facilitate a railway line for the loading of timber onto steamers and tall sailing ships.
- When sailing ships were replaced by steamers and liners, the heavy ropes were no longer in high demand.
- 2A type of saucepan in which food can be steamed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Perhaps in preparation for a forced career change, Hayden brought with him a camping stove, frying pan, wok, bamboo steamer and food processor.
- Place the ramekins in the prepared steamer and cook until set, about 20 minutes.
- The dim sum was contained in small bamboo food steamers, tiny but delightful, so that you could order varied dishes.
- 4 • informal A wetsuit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But next time I will bring a thicker wetsuit; a 5mm steamer would be about right for the deeper dives.
- At a distance they look kind of like wetsuits, steamers, but what do they look and feel like up close?
- Again varies, ranging from requiring a full UK suit in winter to a 5mm steamer or even a shortie wetsuit in summer.
Más definiciones de steamerDefinición de steamer en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.