- 1Giving off steam: a basin of steaming waterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Place the wedges in a steaming basket over boiling water.
- Kendall let out a slow sigh and turned to face Elma who had returned to her boiling kettle of water, lifting out steaming clothing with a thick stick.
- Pouring water over a steaming engine that was in danger of spurting boiling jets of vapor with the wrong timing of a pour.
- 2British • informal Extremely drunk: Jock was steaming after a particularly hospitable HogmanayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She said she could not remember what she had done because she was ‘blind steaming drunk’.
- The other four girls seemed nice, all of them were steaming drunk - as was I and all were glad they'd worn thongs.
- 3British • informal Very angry.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I am fuming, steaming, spitting fire, yup I'm angry and it's not often I ‘do’ angry.
adverbio(as submodifier steaming hot) Volver al principio
- Extremely hot: a steaming hot nightMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The main criteria for late-night takeout is that it be spicy hot and steaming hot.
- A sharp knock in the morning and steaming hot tea would wake us up to another glorious day - the sun emerging from behind mist wreathed hills.
- He thinks, too, of pumpkin pie and fresh harvested honey and steaming hot cocoa.
Más definiciones de steamingDefinición de steaming en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.