- 1A white crystalline substance which is the main constituent of tallow and suet. It is a glyceryl ester of stearic acid.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Palm kernel stearin and hydrogenated palm kernel stearin can be used to prepare compound chocolate bars or coatings.
- The proportion of stearin you will use depends on the effect you're looking for.
- A compromise material was stearin - also known as adamantine from its resemblance to stone.
- 1.1A mixture of fatty acids used in candle-making.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Revenue authorities are flummoxed by the huge spurt in imports of palm fatty acid distillates and crude palm stearin - raw materials normally used in soap manufacture.
- Use 10% of stearin to wax when making candles.
early 19th century: from French stéarine, from Greek stear 'tallow'.
Más definiciones de stearinDefinición de stearin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.