Definición de steatopygia en inglés:
Accumulation of large amounts of fat on the buttocks, especially as a normal condition in the Khoikhoi and other peoples of arid parts of southern Africa.
- The steatopygia was seen as a pronounced, localized accumulation of fat or fatty-fibrous tissue on the upper part of the buttocks.
- Rather than relying on official scientific publications, however, Cuvier relied on travelers' accounts of the apron and the steatopygia.
- What seems certain is that steatopygia in both sexes was fairly widespread among the early races of man.
- Example sentences
- Until more historical work is done, possible relationships between cultural constructions of the sodomitical body and those of the steatopygous African woman will remain a matter of speculation.
- She went on her way, her grass skirt swinging rhythmically, resembling one of those steatopygous statues in anthropological museums.
- In the Paleolithic period, steatopygous figures may have suggested fertility, because of the necessity of certain levels of body fat required for procreation.
Pronunciación: /ˌstɪətə(ʊ)ˈpʌɪɡəs, ˌstɪəˈtɒpɪɡəs/adjetivo
Definición de steatopygia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan