Definición de steelworks en inglés:
plural sustantivo[usually treated as singular]
A factory where steel is manufactured.
- Dreams entertained by some Party leaders of large-scale steelworks and munition factories and large-scale collective agriculture were irrelevant and dangerous.
- During the Battle of Britain in 1940, Sheffield was a major target because of all the steelworks and the heavy manufacturing plants that dominated the city at that time.
- The industrial sector includes an oil refinery, steelworks, and chemicals.
- Example sentences
- The floors on which 9,300 steelworkers once tended to blast furnaces and presses now stand virtually empty.
- It may seem ironic, but rich people don't mind spending money on other rich people, just as steelworkers don't mind buying rounds of beers for other steelworkers.
- The father was a steelworker in the iron range, and for Paul a steelworker was always as important as a senator or a vice-president or a president for that matter.
Definición de steelworks en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan