1 Botany The central core of the stem and root of a vascular plant, consisting of the vascular tissue (xylem and phloem) and associated supporting tissue. Also called vascular cylinder.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- All roots possessed a central stele of vascular tissues, surrounded by a few layers of cortical cells, and an outer layer of epidermis.
- Cross-sections of the asparagus stem revealed a primary rind and the stele, the vascular tissue had a scattered bundle system, with closed collateral bundles.
- Once inside the symplast, radial transport across the root to the central stele and, subsequently, unloading into the xylem are necessary for translocation to the shoot.
2 Archaeology another term for stela.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A few years ago one of the Taewongun's steles could still be seen on the grounds of the recently restored Kyongbok Palace in Seoul.
- What is uncertain, and is a critical caveat to the entire reconstruction, is that the top edge of the fragment is a portion of the top edge of the stele to which it belonged, as is maintained.
- The decree ordering the assessment is a forceful document, and it and the assessments were inscribed on an imposing stele, set up on the Acropolis.
- sense 1.Oraciones de ejemplo
- After 2-3 weeks post-treatment, hypodermal, exodermal and stelar lignifications were far more extreme in the more basal regions of sulfide-treated roots than in the controls.
- If cytosolic Na + in stelar cells is higher than quoted above and if xylem Na + is at the lower end of the above range, then the energy difference could favour the passive leakage of Na + into the xylem.
- Outwardly-rectifying K + dependent currents displaying sigmoidal activation kinetics have been identified in stelar cells from Arabidopsis, maize and barley roots.
Early 19th century: from Greek stēlē 'standing block'.
Definición de stele en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda