- 1Become involved in a difficult situation, especially in order to help: palace officials asked the government to step inMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It really is time that city hall stepped in to try and salvage the situation!
- By Saturday of last week local African Caribbean churches had stepped in to try to calm the situation down.
- A while ago I was involved in an incident where I stepped in to help someone who was being spat at by a racist.
- 1.1Act as a substitute for someone: Lucy stepped in at very short notice to take Joan’s placeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Neither bothered to turn up and the business editor stepped in to do an admirable job as a late substitute.
- Blindside flanker Jim Nicholson is out through injury, so natural replacement Duncan Phillips steps in.
Más definiciones de step inDefinición de step in en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.