- A large area of flat unforested grassland in SE Europe or Siberia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By the mid-sixteenth century Crimea, the southern Russian steppes, the Kazakh steppes, and western Siberia had come under Islamic law.
- With these they are able to dramatise plains, prairies, steppes and meadows.
- From the borders of Europe to the frozen steppes of Siberia and the Pacific coastline of Vladivostok, Russia is still geographically a powerful presence despite having shed its Soviet-era neighbours.
late 17th century: from Russian stepʹ.
Más definiciones de steppeDefinición de steppe en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.