Definición de stereognosis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Psychology
The mental perception of depth or three-dimensionality by the senses, usually in reference to the ability to perceive the form of solid objects by touch.
- Subtle signs of frontal lobe dysfunction may be demonstrated by testing stereognosis (such as the ability to identify an object placed in the patient's palm).
- Note that graphesthesia, stereognosis, and extinction cannot reliably be tested for unless primary sensation is intact bilaterally.
- This may indicate the possibility that oral stereognosis could enhance both the primary sensorimotor area and also other cerebral cortex regions associated with higher functions.
early 20th century: from Greek stereos 'solid' + gnōsis 'knowledge'.
- Example sentences
- Assessment of stereognostic skills also produced no evidence of impaired tactile integration skill.
- Various epidemiological studies on the oral behavior habits have revealed a sensorial deficiency and a stereognostic incapacity in thumb sucker and tongue pulser children.
- These include apparatus for visual discrimination, auditory, tactile, gustatory, olfactory, thermic, baric, and stereognostic discrimination.
Definición de stereognosis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary