(also stereotaxic /ˌstɛrɪə(ʊ)ˈtaksɪk/ /ˌstɪərɪə(ʊ)ˈtaksɪk/)
Relating to or denoting techniques for surgical treatment or scientific investigation that permit the accurate positioning of probes inside the brain or other parts of the body.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Deep brain stimulation involves implantation of an electrode into a specific brain region using stereotactic neurosurgical techniques.
- During stereotactic surgical biopsy procedures, however, the perioperative nurse positions and monitors the patient and provides emotional support.
- Our stereotactic technique involves placing a stereotactic frame on the patient's head on the morning of surgery and then obtaining an MRI with the frame in place.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Lesions that should probably be removed stereotactically are those in women who have breast implants or have a pacemaker implanted in the breast.
- Brain cysts that traditionally are difficult to find in the OR can be located efficiently, and brain biopsies can be performed stereotactically without the application of a head-ring and use of a computed tomography scan.
- Currently, most of these are done stereotactically with little morbidity and must be balanced against the possible benefit of survival.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: stereo|tac¦tic
Definición de stereotactic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda