(also stereotaxic /-ˈtaksɪk/)
Definición de stereotactic en inglés:
Relating to or denoting techniques for surgical treatment or scientific investigation that permit the accurate positioning of probes inside the brain or other parts of the body.
- Deep brain stimulation involves implantation of an electrode into a specific brain region using stereotactic neurosurgical techniques.
- During stereotactic surgical biopsy procedures, however, the perioperative nurse positions and monitors the patient and provides emotional support.
- Our stereotactic technique involves placing a stereotactic frame on the patient's head on the morning of surgery and then obtaining an MRI with the frame in place.
- Example sentences
- Lesions that should probably be removed stereotactically are those in women who have breast implants or have a pacemaker implanted in the breast.
- Brain cysts that traditionally are difficult to find in the OR can be located efficiently, and brain biopsies can be performed stereotactically without the application of a head-ring and use of a computed tomography scan.
- Currently, most of these are done stereotactically with little morbidity and must be balanced against the possible benefit of survival.
Definición de stereotactic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan