- 1An agent used to destroy microorganisms; a disinfectant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Concentrations of skin antiseptics and preservatives, although lower than disinfectants and sterilants, also demonstrate bacteriostatic and bactericidal effects versus nonsusceptible vegetative pathogens.
- She noted that an important step in the sterilization process is to ensure that all internal surfaces of an item are exposed to high-level disinfectants or sterilants during the process.
- Failure to do so will result in disinfection failure because the disinfectant / sterilant may not be exposed to all surfaces of the endoscope.
- 1.1A chemical agent used to destroy pests and diseases in the soil, especially fungi and nematodes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some strong herbicides, such as soil sterilants used in alleyways, around utility equipment, or along sidewalks, can be absorbed by roots and easily can kill trees.
Más definiciones de sterilantDefinición de sterilant en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.