An agent that causes sneezing, especially one used in chemical warfare that causes irritation to the nose and eyes, pain in the chest, and nausea.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gases are classified by their principal effects as lachrymators (spelled lacrimators by the military), sternutators, vesicants, lung irritants, vomiting gases or systemic poisons.
- The dried plant, reduced to a powder, is a sternutator, ideal for headaches and sinusitis.
- In the medical lore of Europe during the Middle Ages, pastes, emetics, purgatives, emmenagogues, sternutators, convulsants, clysters, physical maneuvers, and pessaries are mentioned.
adjetivo& sustantivo (plural sternutatories)
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The whole plant is antiecchymotic, antiphlogistic, nervine, sternutatory and vulnerary.
- In addition, the dispensing is carried out without generating any cloud of liquid particles which might be inhaled by the user, with a sternutatory effect.
- From his theory of the action of the air through the nose on the contents of the ventricles of the brain is explained his use of sternutatories, and his belief in the efficacy of sneezing.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ster¦nu|ta¦tor
Definición de sternutator en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda