- Any of a group of naturally occurring unsaturated steroid alcohols, typically waxy solids.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Classically, endocrine hormones are considered to be derived from amino acids, peptides, or sterols and to act at sites distant from their tissue of origin.
- Though these species are in the majority, in reality, biomembranes are quite complex mixtures of not only these simple lipids, but also of proteins and sterols.
- Milk is composed of more than 12 different types of fat, including sphingolipids, free sterols, cholesterol, and oleic acid.
early 20th century: independent usage of the ending of words such as cholesterol.
Más definiciones de sterolDefinición de sterol en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.