A medical instrument for listening to the action of someone’s heart or breathing, typically having a small disc-shaped resonator that is placed against the chest, and two tubes connected to earpieces.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I knelt down by Phyllis, took out my stethoscope to establish my medical credentials, and listened knowingly to her chest.
- For example, the doctor may listen to the patient's chest with a stethoscope, to determine how well the airways are working.
- Your doctor will also listen to the baby's chest with a stethoscope.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This study showed a 1% incidence of an ‘ominous’ fetal heart rate trace on admission testing and, of these 10 infants, one died three hours after admission, without stethoscopic auscultation detecting any fetal compromise.
- Following a 5-minute rest period, a trained technician assessed baseline BP and HR measures with a series of stethoscopic measurements taken concurrently with the ambulatory monitor.
- Later, he embarked on a revised edition of this epochal work with a masterful correlation of stethoscopic sounds and diseases of the chest documented by postmortem findings.
Early 19th century: from French stéthoscope, from Greek stēthos 'breast' + skopein 'look at'.
Definición de stethoscope en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda