Definición de sticking plaster en inglés:
1A piece of flexible material with an adhesive backing for covering cuts or small wounds.
- A simple first aid kit with sticking plasters and greasy dressings will help deal with minor injuries, and petroleum jelly is useful for abrasions.
- The thin walled tube had kinked under the sticking plaster.
- It's not first aid in the sense of a sticking plaster and a bandage.
1.1 [often as modifier] A temporary and inadequate solution to a serious problem: speed cameras may help, but this is a sticking-plaster solution
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Seven thousand African troops sent in to monitor the situation are just a sticking plaster on a gaping wound.
- On Wednesday last week, Gordon Brown delivered a Budget which is little more than a sticking plaster for the General Election.
- At the moment we are using a sticking plaster approach.
Definición de sticking plaster en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan