sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
- A synthetic aromatic hydrocarbon which forms phosphorescent crystals and is used in dye manufacture.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Alternative name: trans-1,2-diphenylethene; chemical formula: C6H5CHCHC6H5
- Photoirradiation of simple olefins such as stilbene resulted in mutual isomerization between cis and trans isomers both in the excited singlet state and in the triplet state decaying at the perpendicular excited state.
- Resveratrol is a naturally occurring stilbene that scientists suspect plays a role in the cardioprotective properties of red wine and is also a potentially important anticarcinogen.
- Piceatannol was found to be the most effective in the DNA cleavage reaction as well as a reducer of Cu followed by resveratrol and trans stilbene which does not show any activity.
mid 19th century: from Greek stilbein 'to glitter' + -ene.
Más definiciones de stilbeneDefinición de stilbene en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.