Definición de stilt en inglés:
1 (usually stilts) Either of a pair of upright poles with supports for the feet enabling the user to walk at a distance above the ground.
- The entertainers stood out from the crowd, especially the drag queen on top of an eight foot high pair of stilts.
- ‘I can't remember when I got my very first pair of stilts, but I was very young, and I just went from there,’ she said.
- So he and his ensemble created a show featuring nine giraffes, each manned by two actors and a pair of stilts.
1.1Each of a set of posts or piles supporting a building.
- Traditional buildings use stilts, heat-drawing chimneys, and spatial planning to increase ventilation and heat dissipation.
- Baan Dvara Prateep is a compound of brand new wooden buildings erected on wooden stilts by the river bank.
- Like most buildings in the region, these must be raised off the ground on low piles or stilts to ward off termites and rot.
2A long-billed wading bird with predominantly black and white plumage and very long slender reddish legs.
- Family Recurvirostridae: two genera, in particular Himantopus, and several species
- You're likely to see waders as well as a variety of herons, stilts, and even the endangered West Indian whistling duck.
- Herons, Egyptian geese, stilts and sandpipers are already frequent visitors to the site.
- I observed a pair of ringed plovers, a new species for me, a common redshank, two dozen black-winged stilts and a yellow wagtail.
Definición de stilt en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan