A small leaf-like appendage to a leaf, typically borne in pairs at the base of the leaf stalk.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A terminal bud was defined as the stage when the stipules of the foliage leaves covered the shoot apex and the youngest foliage leaf was offset from the central axis of the shoot apex.
- Accumulation of CKs in shoot tissues known for high transpiration, such as guard cells and the mesophyll cells below them, trichomes, hydathodes, stipules, and stigma filaments appears to be reasonable.
- The colleter, an epidermal secretory structure, can be found mainly on the adaxial side of stipules and/or sepals among 60 families of the angiosperms.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unemerged axillary bud: a bud still completely enclosed by the stipular sheath of its subtending leaf.
- The genus Acacia is mostly confined to Africa where almost all have stipular spines or recurved thorns.
- Scars of early-falling-off stipular sheaths ring the stems of magnolias, Yellow-poplars and Sycamores.
Late 18th century: from French stipule or Latin stipula 'straw'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: stip|ule
Definición de stipule en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda