1North American A farm animal, typically a young steer or heifer, destined for slaughter but kept until matured or fattened: [as modifier]: stocker cattle
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Putting weight on yearling stocker cattle with forage is a vital agricultural and economic activity here,’ he says.
- Under the conditions of this trial, program feeding of growing calves increased the gross margin of the stocker cattle enterprise by $32 to 41 per calf.
- An economic analysis was conducted to determine the cost of the feeding programs and their effect on profitability of the stocker cattle enterprise.
2A person whose job is to fill the shelves of a shop or supermarket with merchandise.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Wal-Mart, which also hires day laborers as store cleaners and shelf stockers, has a contract with Labor Ready.
- Clerks/shelf stockers begin at $10 and can make $16.
- We turn great housekeepers into supervisors, virtuoso shelf stockers into salespeople, and managers into leaders.
Palabras que riman con stockerblocker, chocker, docker, Fokker, interlocker, locker, mocha, mocker, ocker, quokka, rocker, saltimbocca, shocker, soccer
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: stock¦er
Definición de stocker en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda