Definición de stoical en inglés:
Enduring pain and hardship without showing one’s feelings or complaining: he taught a stoical acceptance of suffering
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Concerning women's stoical endurance of pain during childbirth, she found that the expectation was not restricted to just the hospital situation.
- I don't tell this story to boast of my skills as a stalker or hide builder or to show my stoical ability to endure hours without moving in the pursuit of wildlife.
- While we would rather see the enemy be the one to ‘die for his country’ we realize what sacrifices we may be called to make and take a stoical acceptance of our fate.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- She bore it stoically and quietly, cut expenses to ease his financial worries, and made sure no one outside the family found out.
- I bore a deep respect for him and he seemed appreciative of my craft, stoically waiting whenever I stopped to take notes.
- He would have liked her to stoically pick herself up and continue the task of bringing up the children without letting the tragedy impact their future.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia