Definición de stompie en inglés:
sustantivo (plural stompies)South African informal
1A cigarette butt.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are even signs to ask smokers, when they go on to the pavement to smoke, not to drop their stompies on the street.
- I must admit that stompies are the rubbish I find the most.
- I must point out that the place was spotless, I didn't see any overflowing dirt bins and papers or even stompies lying around.
pick up stompies
- South African informal Break into a conversation of which one has heard only the end.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Not sure if I was picking up stompies but I thought I heard that there was something of the sort on market?
- I often wonder if people bother to read entire threads of this kind of thing, or just pick up stompies?
Afrikaans, diminutive of stomp 'stump'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda