Definición de stool en inglés:
1A seat without a back or arms, typically resting on three or four legs or on a single pedestal.
- I nodded and took a seat on the single stool behind the counter.
- Located on three levels with seating on stools, settees and at conventional tables, the place has a modern airy atmosphere.
- As I glanced around the room, I only saw a few stools and a single rusted metal couch.
2A piece of faeces: fibre in the child’s diet will soften the stools [mass noun]: concentrations of the substance in normal stool
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- More than 80 percent of acute anal fissures will heal spontaneously with the use of dietary fiber to soften and bulk the stool.
- Dietary fiber increases the weight and size of your stool and softens it.
- The symptoms of food intolerance can include burping, indigestion, flatulence, loose stools, headaches, flushing, or nervousness.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
1(Of a plant) throw up shoots from the root.
- Medicine When defecating: it may be induced by a hard bowel movement or straining at stoolMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Do not let patients confuse normal defecation with straining at stool.
- The sort of stresses that induce these changes include blowing against a resistance, lifting heavy objects, and straining at stool.
- It may be induced by a hard bowel movement or straining at stool.
fall between two stools
- British Fail to be or take one of two satisfactory alternatives: the work fell between two stools, being neither genuinely popular nor truly scholarlyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In certain instances, this is the book's weakness in that it falls between two stools, being truly neither one nor the other.
- We seem to fall between two stools because the modern premises that we would like to move into are far too expensive and the older mill buildings tend to have water gushing in through the roof.
- I felt that the game fell between two stools in that it was supposed to be scary yet it presented itself as an extremely tacky 1950s horror film.
Definición de stool en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan