sustantivo[mass noun] chiefly Medicine
Abnormal alignment of the eyes; the condition of having a squint.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ocular alignment is important because strabismus can develop at any age and can represent serious orbital, intraocular, or intracranial disease.
- Other common surgical corrections include those for club feet, strabismus, ptosis, and reconstructions from disfiguring traumas and congenital and developmental abnormalities.
- Visual impairment caused by refractive error, amblyopia, strabismus, and astigmatism is a common condition among young children, affecting 5 to 10 percent of all preschoolers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I have strabismic amblyopia in my right eye, and when I'm fatigued or stressed, my ‘lazy eye’ manifests; I have to concentrate to keep both eyes looking in the same direction.
- The obstacles in the management of strabismic amblyopia could be social as well as medical factors.
- We have to prescribe glasses for strabismic patients with special attention for accommodation as described above.
Late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek strabismos, from strabizein 'to squint', from strabos 'squinting'.
Definición de strabismus en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda