- It is strange how ideas such as these last almost as long as brick and mortar buildings.
- It was strange how the country air smelled so different from the city air.
- It is strange how such concealment goes hand in hand with record-breaking council tax rises.
- I just thought of her that way whilst writing that and have come over all strange and nauseous.
- My brain felt cloudy, and my stomach was doing a strange tingly thing that was making me feel quite nauseous.
- His face was falling closer and closer to mine and I felt that strange, dizzy feeling again.
- You can imagine an alien civilisation observing this strange scene and finding it fascinating or amusing.
- This is by no means strange and alien terrain for the Bank of England.
- Anyway, at the point I left the house there were no strange alien calls and it was still dark.
- I smiled at him, feeling unfamiliar but not altogether strange in the compacted apartment.
- The land itself is not actually cold and brutal, it's just because I am strange to the land.
- I am strange to myself. I am here, as in a dream.
- The lightest particles containing a strange quark cannot decay by the strong interaction, and must instead decay via the much slower weak interaction.
- So with three strange quarks, the property which distinguishes them must be capable of at least three distinct values.
strange to say (or literary tell)
- It is surprising or unusual that: strange to say, I didn’t really like carol singersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And suddenly, strange to tell, exactly enough money is saved to pass the budget.
- Graham had need of a new backpack and, strange to tell, my legs gave out on me just then.
- She said: ‘It may sound strange to say but I feel normal.’
Middle English: shortening of Old French estrange, from Latin extraneus 'external, strange'.
Strange is a shortening of Old French estrange, from Latin extraneus ‘external, strange’, also the source of stranger (Late Middle English).
Palabras que riman con strangearrange, change, counterchange, estrange, exchange, grange, interchange, Lagrange, mange, part-exchange, range, short-change
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: strange
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.