- 1A standing passenger in a bus or train: the straphangers were swaying unsteadilyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A good Samaritan who was viciously slashed as he defended another subway rider from a razor-wielding robber said yesterday no other passengers came to his aid - not even the straphanger he rescued.
- The other straphangers look at me with stony faces.
- For the third year now, the spirits of weary straphangers on Calgary transit will be lifted.
- 1.1chiefly US A person who commutes to work by public transport: single straphangers on their way to workMás ejemplos en oraciones
- New York's most beautiful outer-borough neighborhoods have a harder time competing with Westchester and New Jersey for affluent residents when straphangers must endure brutal commutes.
- On my daily commute to work, I always notice a newspaper salesman at a dangerous intersection of the Grand Central Parkway, hawking all of New York's hometown papers for both straphangers and drivers.
- But there will be plenty of other victims - starting with the 7 million straphangers and 600,000 schoolchildren who depend on city subways and buses every day.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dave and I are heading home on the Tozai Line one evening, when a guy gets on and stands in front of us, strap-hanging.
- You squeeze on-board next to a woman strap-hanging with an paperback.
- I'm glad I did a proper job before comedy because it's made me grateful for not having to strap-hang for an hour into work every day.
Más definiciones de straphangerDefinición de straphanger en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.