Definición de stratiform en inglés:
1Arranged in layers: stratiform clouds
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The outlines of stratiform clouds are less distinct and often merge into layers with only slight vertical features.
- Richard Lindzen quoted it as being the effect of water vapour and stratiform clouds alone.
- We added three sets of broadband solar radiometers mounted on an aircraft, which was flown over the site and above stratiform clouds at an altitude of 7 km.
1.1 Geology (Of a mineral deposit) formed parallel to the bedding planes of the surrounding rock.
- Syngenetic mineralization commonly occurs as beds that lie conformably within the layers of the host rocks and hence are called stratiform deposits.
- For example, layered intrusions are subdivided into stratiform and contact deposits, with the stratiform deposits further subdivided into chromite and sulphide-associated deposits.
- The Lake Superior portion of the rift system is host to the world-class native-copper deposits of the Keweenaw Peninsula and the sediment-hosted stratiform copper sulfide deposit at the White Pine mine.
Definición de stratiform en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan