- 1Arranged in layers: stratiform cloudsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The outlines of stratiform clouds are less distinct and often merge into layers with only slight vertical features.
- Richard Lindzen quoted it as being the effect of water vapour and stratiform clouds alone.
- We added three sets of broadband solar radiometers mounted on an aircraft, which was flown over the site and above stratiform clouds at an altitude of 7 km.
- 1.1 Geology (Of a mineral deposit) formed parallel to the bedding planes of the surrounding rock.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Syngenetic mineralization commonly occurs as beds that lie conformably within the layers of the host rocks and hence are called stratiform deposits.
- For example, layered intrusions are subdivided into stratiform and contact deposits, with the stratiform deposits further subdivided into chromite and sulphide-associated deposits.
- The Lake Superior portion of the rift system is host to the world-class native-copper deposits of the Keweenaw Peninsula and the sediment-hosted stratiform copper sulfide deposit at the White Pine mine.
Más definiciones de stratiformDefinición de stratiform en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.