1The layer of the earth’s atmosphere above the troposphere, extending to about 50 km above the earth’s surface (the lower boundary of the mesosphere).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The stratosphere extends above the troposphere to about 150,000 feet and is the region where the ozone layer is formed.
- Just above the stratosphere lies the mesosphere.
- Another important climate forcing, volcanic aerosols, can also give a similar opposing trend between the stratosphere and troposphere.
1.1 informal The very highest levels of something: her next big campaign launched her into the fashion stratosphere
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I like to say his standards were in the stratosphere, which is of course where they belong, journalistically.
- At the Class X level, the percentages hit the stratosphere.
- He's blasted the level of cuisine into the stratosphere.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The cost of property, already stratospherically high, is further compounded by the cost of stamp duty, conveyancing charges and estate agent's fees.
- If you are happy about fingering coats that cost a year's salary, these stratospherically up-market stores are definitely worth a look.
- At the centre of the story are two best friends, destined to fall out as their calendar becomes stratospherically successful.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: strato|sphere
Definición de stratosphere en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda