Definición de stream of consciousness en inglés:
1A person’s thoughts and conscious reactions to events, perceived as a continuous flow. The term was introduced by William James in his Principles of Psychology (1890).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Controlled yet so easily distracted, his camera eye acknowledges that existence is merely an ongoing stream of consciousness, intuition, dissociation.
- It is a stream of consciousness where Benjy remembers events not in a chronological order but as free association brings them to his mind.
- A stream of consciousness of wit and despair is matched by tips about reverse phone psychology; if you don't think about it the phone will ring.
1.1A literary style in which a character’s thoughts, feelings, and reactions are depicted in a continuous flow uninterrupted by objective description or conventional dialogue. James Joyce, Virginia Woolf, and Marcel Proust are among its notable early exponents: [as modifier]: a stream-of-consciousness monologue
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Updating the stream-of-consciousness technique of James Joyce and Virginia Woolf, Shaw transforms his dreams into a droll epic crammed with postwar American flotsam and jetsam.
- Bleached of punctuation, the words flow freely in a stream of consciousness manner reminiscent of James Joyce and Virginia Woolf.
- Other authors have experimented with putting their stream-of-consciousness narrators in motion with mixed results, since the awkwardness of self narrated movement introduces a dissonance into the narration.
Definición de stream of consciousness en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda