Definición de strenuous en inglés:
Requiring or using great effort or exertion: the government made strenuous efforts to upgrade the quality of the teaching profession
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He will make strenuous efforts to make sure that no criminal act on the inside, or the outside, can be traced back to him.
- To mitigate this perception, strenuous efforts are being made to engage local people.
- It is also making strenuous efforts to recruit new staff and train unqualified employees.
arduous, difficult, hard, tough, taxing, demanding, exacting, uphill, stiff, formidable, heavy, exhausting, tiring, fatiguing, gruelling, back-breaking, murderous, punishing
informal no picnic, killing
British informal knackering
vigorous, energetic, active, enthusiastic, keen, zealous, forceful, strong, Herculean, spirited, dynamic, intense, determined, resolute, tenacious, tireless, stout, indefatigable, unremitting, dogged, pertinacious
- Example sentences
- It's hard to think of anyone else who's laboured as strenuously to make the case for war.'
- They strenuously deny it would attract problem drinkers.
- Jackson strenuously denied the charge and was acquitted.
- Example sentences
- His preferred terms of admiration reflect the Victorian preoccupation with ‘character’, inflected perhaps by his endorsement of strenuousness as the essential ingredient of moral heroism.
- It is also important to repeatedly remind participants to watch for overheating during the cardiovascular segment of the class - the water's coolness keeps the heart rate lower and can mask the strenuousness of the exercise.
- Although secretly piqued by Jake's comments and judgment, Luke decided that the current situation didn't need extra strenuousness.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan