sustantivo (plural streptomycetes /-ˈmʌɪsiːts, -mʌɪˈsiːtiːz/)
A bacterium which occurs chiefly in soil as aerobic saprophytes resembling moulds, several of which are important sources of antibiotics.
- Streptomyces and related genera, order Actinomycetales; Gram-positive filaments forming chains of spores
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In nature, tetracycline is produced by streptomycetes, moldlike bacteria commonly found in soils.
- The number of genes encoding Nudix hydrolases varies widely, from zero in most Mycoplasma species to around 30 in streptomycetes.
- This applies not only for molecules with an antibiotic activity like in the case of streptomycetes but also for compounds that may play a role in cell processes like signaling and communication.
Definición de streptomycete en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.