- 1A longitudinal structural piece in a framework, especially that of a ship or aircraft.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Longitudinal stringers are fir encased in fiberglass, and athwartship bulkheads are construction-grade exterior plywood.
- Once the stringers and bulkheads are properly located, then starts all the cut-outs and reinforcements for the stabilizers and tailwheel.
- The manufacturer cut the boats' longitudinal frames or stringers to make it easier to install drain lines.
- 2 • informal A newspaper correspondent who is retained on a part-time basis to report on events in a particular place: papers relied increasingly on locally based stringers and news agenciesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The more you cover local news, the more local people buy newspapers, these stringers said.
- He exhorted the journalists - one staff correspondent and several stringers - to take an injured child to the hospital.
- This news agency of some sort collected stories from stringers or correspondents and passed them on to the paper.
- 4North American A chain with hooks on which caught fish are strung.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Anglers who were more interested in stringers of ‘fish’ that day mostly stayed home.
- From this point forward, every incremental rise in the surf temperature equates to a couple more fish on the stringer.
- The place for table fish is a stringer or floating basket.
- 5A stringboard.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bottom tread of this stringer must be 1-1/2 in. shorter and the top must be notched around the cleat/cross brace.
- The metal balustrade assemblies bolt to the posts and the staircase's concealed stringer (the painted beam).
- Treads may be set into a dado or nailed to a cleat attached to the side of a stair stringer.
Más definiciones de stringerDefinición de stringer en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.