chiefly North American
- An opencast mine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The governor called the former strip mine site a ‘battlefield unlike others in our nation's history.’
- Among its surprises are a 96-yard par 3 and a series of back-nine holes in a strip mine of vertical limestone walls, outcroppings and fossils.
- The giant 757, carrying forty-four people, crashed at 500 miles an hour into a reclaimed strip mine.
verboVolver al principio
- 1 (strip-mine) [with object] Obtain (ore or coal) by opencast mining: lignite coal is strip-mined at depths of 15 to 35 metres (as noun strip-mining) protected lands opened up to strip-mining for coalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This filthy coal is strip-mined locally and stored in long ridges across the landscape.
- Here the company operates the world's largest coal strip-mining operation.
- The coal has been strip-mined throughout much of the region, permanently scarring the landscape.
- 1.1Subject (an area of land) to opencast mining: after being strip-mined, the land is reclaimedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Just have him throw something together about a car race and the bad guy, Boss Hogg, buying up land so he can strip-mine it.
- For the past 20 to 30 years, companies have been required to reclaim and restore to the original contours the area they strip-mine.
- Most of the land surrounding the ruins has been strip-mined for the near-surface nitrate deposits.
Más definiciones de strip mineDefinición de strip mine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.