- I bought a black sleeveless Lycra shirt with yellow and white diagonal stripes across the chest.
- A short-sleeved turquoise T-shirt with horizontal white stripes was found near her body.
- I asked this young woman dressed in a black blouse and black skirt both of which had white pin stripes.
- The epaulettes on the choker tunic of his black naval uniform bore the four stripes of his rank.
- He was being so proud in his uniform, showing the stripes of his rank and smiling that smile.
- Rifle squad leaders and weapon platoon section heads donned staff sergeant stripes.
- Parallel to the development of the domestic stripe is the evolution of another category - the aristocratic stripe.
- True believers of every stripe describe their vision of what taxpayer money, talent, and hope can do.
- The second and much rarer stripe of drinker is your peer, the fully functional alcoholic.
- It's easy to imagine them as the pin striping grease monkeys they've often portrayed in their type promotions.
- I'm especially appreciative of the fact that sock number two is striping the same as sock number one.
- With the exception of RAID 1, the other RAID levels provide I / O load balancing by striping data across disks.
earn one's stripes
- Gain a higher rank in the military.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Each man was dedicated to the mission, each had earned his stripes.
- The former Graeme College pupil underwent 30 weeks of hard training to earn his stripes.
- He hates egghead officers like Lieutenant Tommy Hart who haven't earned their stripes at the front.
- 1.1Deserve a position, status or reputation through work or achievements: she’s earning her stripes by showing how hard she’s willing to workMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The mighty Queen Mary 2, named by the Queen on January 8, 2004, is still earning its stripes.
- He will be joined by his brother Henry; a gifted singer/songwriter who earned his stripes in the blues clubs of Chicago.
- According to NSW Agriculture director general, Dr Kevin Sheridan, he has certainly earned his stripes.
Late Middle English: perhaps a back-formation from striped, of Dutch or Low German origin; compare with Middle Dutch and Middle Low German strīpe.
Palabras que riman con stripegripe, hype, mistype, pipe, ripe, sipe, skype, slype, snipe, swipe, tripe, type, wipe
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: stripe
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.