sustantivo (plural strobilae /-lʌɪ, -liː/)Zoology
1The segmented part of the body of a tapeworm that consists of a long chain of proglottids.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The youngest portion of the strobila is just behind the neck, while the oldest portion is at the posterior end of the body.
- The strobila is made up of anywhere from a few to more than one thousand proglottids but usually contains several dozen.
- Worms, recovered by chemotherapy with niclosamide, consisted of 32 strobilae.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Collectively, these studies indicate that iodinated organic compounds, such as thyroxine, can affect strobilation and mineralization in cnidarians.
- A temperature drop from 15 to 10° induces strobilation of polyps of Aurelia aurita from the North Sea.
- This species reproduces through strobilation, similar to most other jellies, but with varying seasonality.
Definición de strobila en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.