- An extinct sessile coral-like marine organism of uncertain relationship which built up calcareous masses composed of laminae and pillars, occurring from the Cambrian to the Cretaceous.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The main victims were the major reef-building organisms: the stromatoporoid sponges, and rugose and tabulate corals.
- The stromatoporoids had massive calcareous skeletons that are preserved as rather conspicuous fossils.
- Other faunal elements include colonial and solitary corals, encrusting bryozoans, stromatoporoids, and rare brachiopods.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Stromatopora (genus name), from stroma, stromat- 'layer, covering' + -pora.
Más definiciones de stromatoporoidDefinición de stromatoporoid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.