1(In bridge or whist) a holding of a number of high cards of one suit in a hand.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The most important signals are discards to indicate to partner which is your own strong suit, and leads to indicate the strength of your trumps.
- If partner indicated only one strong suit you must begin with your highest card of that suit.
1.1 (one's strong suit) Something at which one excels: compassion is not Jack’s strong suit
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This also tells your partner what your strong suit is so he can play to it.
- His decision-making was never considered a strong suit, but arm strength always got him by.
- For Beam at least, lyrical specificity isn't just a strong suit, it's sometimes a saving grace.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: strong suit
Definición de strong suit en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda