verbo[with object] (usually as adjective suberized) Botany
- Impregnate (the wall of a plant cell) with suberin: suberized cell wallsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This idea is supported by experiments that showed dye permeation through suberized walls of epidermal cells.
- The surface of the calli and the cut edge of the bark were suberized.
- In its functional role as a relative, not absolute, diffusion barrier for small solutes, the pine nexine resembles suberized and/or cutinized cell walls and Casparian strips.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Increased rates of suberization and lignification in the exodermis may lead to a greater resistance to the entry of materials into the root apoplast.
- The roles in defence include oxidation of hydroxy-cinnamyl alcohols into free radical intermediates, phenol oxidation, cross-linking of polysaccharides and of extensin monomers, lignification and suberization.
- These changes have been mostly investigated over a long-term period and are clearly associated with profound anatomical adaptations including the suberization and lignification of cell walls.
Más definiciones de suberizeDefinición de suberize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.