Definición de subfusc en inglés:
Dull; gloomy: the light was subfusc and aqueous
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But while Bill Alexander's new production has a fine, sombre, subfusc dignity, there were times when I guiltily hungered for a little more playful malevolence.
- Houses hunched like weary giants, wrapped in subfusc cloaks of night.
- One remembers how audibly and visibly subfusc was the almost apologetic chorus in their otherwise excellent opera, Don Carlo.
sustantivo[mass noun] British Volver al principio
The dark formal clothing worn for examinations and formal occasions at some universities.
- Well I guess I ought to get out of my subfusc, wipe the smudged makeup off my face and find some food.
- Our readers should know he cut a fine figure in subfusc on his way to his viva.
- One history finalist said, ‘We have to put up with University's traditions, wearing subfusc and the like, but they're not prepared to put up with ours.’
early 18th century: from Latin subfuscus, from sub- 'somewhat' + fuscus 'dark brown'.
Definición de subfusc en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan