Definición de submarine en inglés:
1A warship with a streamlined hull designed to operate completely submerged in the sea for long periods, equipped with a periscope and typically armed with torpedoes or missiles.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is common now for Orthodox priests to baptize and sanctify warships, submarines, missiles, and tanks.
- RAF fighters and Royal Navy submarines firing cruise missiles were also involved alongside US warships and warplanes.
- The PRC is working on more advanced designs for both submarines and submarine-fired missiles.
1.1A submersible craft of any kind.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- And then they may not need us to send a submersible submarine down there.
- Ongoing development eventually transforms the ocean into one where great cities thrive and their inhabitants travel through submarines and similar submersible vehicles.
- Are our submarines, submersibles and aqualungs not merely imitations of devices and mechanisms that Nature ‘invented’ a long, long time ago?
adjetivoVolver al principio
Existing, occurring, or used under the surface of the sea: submarine volcanic activity
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fixed surface platforms, submarine power cables and underwater tanks are all existing technology.
- Oceanic crust is thus created from the mantle at the crest of the mid-ocean ridge system, a volcanic submarine rise.
- The predominant feature of the shoreline is the rocky cliffs, extending under water to encompass a lush kelp forest, submarine reefs and offshore seamounts.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The submariners of World War One were true pioneers of submarine warfare, especially on this scale.
- Yes, there was muddle and delay, and many in Russia, not least families of those lost, will be asking questions about how the news came out, and whether international help at an earlier stage could have saved any of the submariners.
- The lock-out system is a reversible air-lock that enables submariners to leave the vessel, harvest pearls from the sea-bed, then return to the submarine.
Palabras que riman con submarineAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
Definición de submarine en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda