Definición de submissive en inglés:
Ready to conform to the authority or will of others; meekly obedient or passive: a submissive, almost sheeplike people
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dee believed the Angels to be obedient servants of God, submissive to the authority of Christ.
- He shows that slaves who seemed submissive and passive were cleverly using the language of their masters and subverting it to their own ends.
- Basically, I would be much more passive, submissive and altruistic.
compliant, yielding, malleable, acquiescent, accommodating, amenable, tractable, manageable, unassertive, non-resisting, passive, obedient, biddable, dutiful, duteous, docile, ductile, pliant, meek, timid, mild, patient, resigned, forbearing, subdued, humble, self-effacing, spiritless, deferential, obsequious, servile, slavish, self-abasing, spineless, grovelling, lamblike, supine
late 16th century: from submission, on the pattern of pairs such as remission, remissive.
- Example sentences
- It means publicly reprimanding politicians who insist that ‘as Americans’ we should submissively yield to whatever the Supreme Court decides.
- Her Majesty sits squat on her throne, her head crowned, a sceptre in one hand, an orb in the other, and two lions stretch submissively at the imperial feet while she stares with bronze eyes at the distant horizons of Empire.
- When I arrived at the enclosures, he was inside, crouched submissively alongside a huge silver-backed male.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan