- 1.1Situated in the foothills or lower slopes of a mountain range.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, a typical sequence on tropical mountains is from lowland tropical forest, through submontane, montane, and subalpine vegetation zones to the alpine zones of grasses and shrubs.
- Sheep breeding is the main object of livestock farming, and Macedonians hold dear their exquisite sheep's milk yoghurt, ovcho kiselo mleko, especially that made by shepherds in alpine submontane dairies.
- The pollination biology of Aechmea pectinata was studied in a submontane rainforest in south-eastern Brazil.
Más definiciones de submontaneDefinición de submontane en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.