sustantivo (plural submucosae /-siː/)Physiology
The layer of areolar connective tissue lying beneath a mucous membrane.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Between the mucosa and muscle layers lies the submucosa, which is rich in blood vessels and connective tissue.
- Beneath the mucosa, there is a loose connective tissue layer called the submucosa.
- Some of the nodules were located in the submucosa beneath areas of mucosal ulceration, but did not show communication with or disruption of the mucosa.
late 19th century: from modern Latin submucosa (membrana), feminine of submucosus 'submucous'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Biopsies of the pharynx, performed after radiotherapy, showed infiltration of small lymphocytes, plasmacytes, and neutrophils in the submucosal area.
- The cause of death was excessive infusion and absorption of normal saline during hysteroscopic ablation of submucosal leiomyoma for menorrhagia.
- The lesion appeared to be submucosal with an intact submucosa and muscularis propria interface.
Definición de submucosa en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.