- A small weapon or device that is part of a larger warhead and separates from it prior to impact.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Once sensors detect a target, preferably a tank or armored personnel cartier, the submunition fires an explosive projectile into the top of the target.
- Meanwhile, activists should demand that the Pentagon halt exports of high-failure submunitions, update its current acceptable-failure standards and replace the Air Force's stockpile of millions of high-failure submunitions.
- Separating from the shell above their target, the submunitions descend on wings at a speed of forty-five meters per second to strike the tank or fighting vehicle at its most vulnerable and unarmored point - the roof.
Más definiciones de submunitionDefinición de submunition en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.