1Coming after something in time; following: the theory was developed subsequent to the earthquake of 1906
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Had they existed at any time subsequent to their split in 1983, they would have been big.
- The theft of the items could have been subsequent to the murder and not the reason for it, for example.
- Mr Milford's conviction has subsequent to the hearing been quashed and a retrial ordered.
1.1 Geology (Of a stream or valley) having a direction or character determined by the resistance to erosion of the underlying rock, and typically following the strike of the strata.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Erosion and subsequent overcompaction were taken into account in the calculation.
- Then, the rock was buried underneath subsequent rock and was subjected to high pressures and temperatures, causing the rock to recrystallize.
Late Middle English: from Old French, or from Latin subsequent- 'following after' (from the verb subsequi).
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sub|se¦quent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda