Definición de substantiate en inglés:
Provide evidence to support or prove the truth of: they had found nothing to substantiate the allegations
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Following the pattern of the previous section, evidence will be provided substantiating the veracity of the themes of the argument.
- Yet the IGIS inquiry has provided no evidence to substantiate this conclusion.
- Journalists try to substantiate allegations with other evidence, but this isn't always possible.
prove, give proof of, show to be true, give substance to, support, uphold, back up, bear out, justify, vindicate, validate, corroborate, verify, authenticate, confirm, endorse, give credence to, lend weight to, establish, demonstrate;
mid 17th century: from medieval Latin substantiat- 'given substance', from the verb substantiare.
- Example sentences
- It was also, clearly enough, a matter about which he was vitally concerned, given that it involved the possible corroboration and substantiation of the matters that he had already said all that he needed to say on the matter.
- Before distributing or submitting a marketing communication for publication, marketers must hold documentary evidence to prove all claims, whether direct or implied, that are capable of objective substantiation.
- This utilitarian consideration is arguably unfair and disrespectful of persons, and needs further factual substantiation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan