Following one another or following others: they were looking for their fifth successive win
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- York will be bidding for a third successive win following victories at Hull and at home to Horden last week.
- The following centuries saw the successive rise and fall of new civilisations.
- They are in a strong position this term, however, having clocked up eight successive wins.
consecutive, in a row, straight, solid, sequential, succeeding, in succession, following, serial, running, continuous, unbroken, uninterrupted
informal on the trot
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For in all change there is successiveness, one part coming after another, and from our numbering antecedent and consequent parts of change there arises the notion of time, which is simply the numberedness of before and after in change.
- This inadequacy is partly inherent in the fact that our terms and categories belong to discourse taken from this world of space, time, and successiveness.
- This is a successiveness that becomes real only when the succession is completed.
Late Middle English: from medieval Latin successivus, from success- 'followed closely', from the verb succedere (see succeed).
Palabras que riman con successiveaggressive, compressive, concessive, degressive, depressive, digressive, excessive, expressive, impressive, obsessive, oppressive, possessive, progressive, recessive, regressive, repressive, retrogressive, transgressive
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda