- 1(Of food) tender, juicy, and tasty: a succulent steakMás ejemplos en oraciones
juicy, moist, luscious, lush, fleshy, pulpy, soft, tender, fresh, ripe; choice, mouth-watering, appetizing, flavoursome, flavourful, tasty, delicious, delectable, palatable, toothsome• literary ambrosial
- The pork was deliciously succulent and tender with a great flavour being imparted from the meat's fat.
- The crispy and succulent beans fried with tasty prawn paste and sweet grated coconut may be one of the few vegetarian dishes in the restaurant.
- The food in Jerez in southern Spain is unforgettable: succulent seafood and delicious ham from black-trottered, acorn-eating pigs.
- 2 Botany (Of a plant, especially a xerophyte) having thick fleshy leaves or stems adapted to storing water: the ever-increasing popularity of succulent plants a low plant with slightly succulent leavesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This incredible trailing groundcover has vivid fleshy leaves and succulent stems that enable it to store water and thrive in even the harshest climates.
- For example, thick, waxy, succulent leaves indicate arid environments in which the plant must conserve water.
- The plant is succulent with leaves in tight rosettes more or less four centimetres or more across in diameter.
sustantivoBotany Volver al principio
- A succulent plant: a book on cacti and succulentsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As a rule of thumb, it's hard to go wrong with classics like the parlour palm, dracaenas, rubber plants, aspidistra (I've always fancied a variegated one), cacti, succulents and the umbrella plant.
- If you don't live where ferns thrive, you can adapt the idea, using other low growers such as sedums, succulents, rockery plants, or well-mannered ground covers.
- In sunnier, drier areas (often in their own micro-climates just a few miles away on the leeward side of the island) they plant succulents and even cacti.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's difficult to overstate the succulence of lusciously tender sea scallops in a fragrant herb-and-lillet sauce or the yin-yang of dense, gamy duck confit tossed against crisp greens.
- The fat gives a sausage its characteristic succulence and texture.
- But his dreams have grown fantastical with desire. Fat ripe fruits bursting through their own skin, meats swollen with succulence, breads, gooey puddings and rich and steaming delights of all kinds.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Meat and poultry eaters can select from succulently prepared lamb chops, curried or stir fried chicken, baby back ribs and beef tenderloin.
- Five dollars bought me about a week's worth of beef, succulently seasoned and stuffed in a pita with a variety of leafy greens on top.
- This freshwater fish native to Africa is succulently bathed in fresh lemon juice along with sliced red onion and red pepper.
early 17th century: from Latin succulentus, from succus 'juice'.