Definición de succumb en inglés:
- Young people who feel good about themselves are less likely to succumb to negative pressure.
- The opposition will probably be forced to succumb to pressure from the West to join a national unity government.
- But somebody somewhere in the industry might succumb to temptation.
- Shot, gassed and riddled with shrapnel, Tu's father comes back from the Great War a cot-case who has to be nursed on the tribal lands by his wife Ma through his fits and moods until he finally succumbs to his injuries at the age of 39.
- After the man succumbs to his injuries, Richard is blamed for his death but gives a false name to the police so as not to shame his family.
- Had I not been able to find the money I believe I might well have succumbed to this terrible disease within a matter of months.
Late 15th century (in the sense 'bring low, overwhelm'): from Old French succomber or Latin succumbere, from sub- 'under' + a verb related to cubare 'to lie'.
Palabras que riman con succumbbecome, benumb, Brum, bum, chum, crumb, drum, glum, gum, ho-hum, hum, Kara Kum, lum, mum, numb, plum, plumb, Rhum, rhumb, rum, scrum, scum, slum, some, strum, stum, sum, swum, thrum, thumb, tum, yum-yum
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.