(In preparing homeopathic remedies) shake (a solution) vigorously: a drop of 1 c solution is diluted and then succussed again
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then he used some of this mother tincture to make the final remedy by diluting and vigorously shaking (succussing) it in water over and over again.
- This is succussed and the resulting solution is known as the first potency.
- The mother tincture is precisely diluted again, and shaken (‘succussed’).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- According to contemporary investigation, the processes of succussion or trituration disturb the atomic state of a drug substance by jolting electron (negative charge) out of its orbit.
- The liquid sound is then further energised by succussion (shaking vigorously).
- The curative agent must be ‘potentized’ by a series of dilutions and ‘succussions’, such that not even a molecule of the original substance remains in the ‘remedy.’
Mid 19th century: from Latin succuss- 'shaken', from the verb succutere, from sub- 'away' + quatere 'to shake'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: suc|cuss
Definición de succuss en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda